To help explain advance care planning a bit more we have provided several videos including NHS Wales healthcare professionals experienced in advance care planning explaining several frequently asked questions. There are some videos of people talking about why they have completed an Advance Care Plan that you may find helpful.
- Veronica Snow the Programme Lead for End of life care in NHS Wales talks about the difference between advance care planning and an Advance Care Plan itself.
- Pat Worlock, a Macmillan Advance Care Planning Facilitator explains who can help you write your Advance Care Plan.
- Caroline Allen, a Macmillan Advance Care Planning Clinical Nurse Specialist gives advice on where to keep a copy of your Advance Care Plan and who may need a copy
- Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, Chairman of the National Council of Palliative Care explains what a ‘Lasting Power of Attorney for health and care’ is.
- Dr Mark Taubert a Consultant in Palliative Care explains what an Advance Care Plan is.
- Dr Nikki Pease a Consultant in Palliative Care explains what happens if somebody lacks capacity to make a decision, and does not have an Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment.
- Christine Wheeler, Macmillan Advance Care Planning Facilitator explains what you need to do if you change your mind on your Advance Care Plan.